Sep 18, 2006

Preaching in Lairg.

This weekend I was up in the Highlands, preaching in Lairg Free Church. Lairg is an hour north of Inverness, which means it is 4 hours from Carnoustie, so I went up on Saturday night to stay with my friend Jeremy Ross, who is in my class in College, and his family in Conon Bridge which is on the north side of Inverness. On Sunday morning I drove up to Lairg, and it was the most beautiful morning - not a cloud in the sky, and crisp autumn air.

Lairg Free Church has recently joined with Bonar Bridge Free Church, which is 10 miles away, and so I had to preach in Lairg at 10.30 and then drive to Bonar Bridge to preach there at 12pm. I got a little lost and so, after having to ask at the local Church of Scotland where the Free Church was, I arrived at around 12.05, so not too bad. After preaching there I drove back to Lairg to have lunch at the elder's house (I got lost trying to find that too.). On the way I past a couple hitchhiking at Lairg station which is 2 miles outside the village. I passed them initially, but then realised that they could well be there all day, so I turned and went back and got them. It turned out that they were from London and were holidaying in Lairg for a week. They had just assumed that the station would actually be near the village, but alas thats not the Highland way! And as it was the Lord's Day there were no taxis running, so their trip was not getting off to the best of starts!

In the evening I preached again in Lairg, took a quick Youth Fellowship and was on the road at 8.15 to come home. I arrived home at 12.15 on the dot, which was pretty good considering that I had stopped twice for petrol. It was a tiring weekend, but good to be with them.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP