Aug 1, 2006

One Year.





I should have written this post a few days ago, on the 30th, the one year anniversary of the day Alex and I met, but, alas, I was in New York and not able to get to a computer. So, a year ago, on a cool and gray Saturday Alex and I met in the fellowship hall of St. Peter's Free Church. We were in a training meeting for a discovery camp where we were both to be leaders. I had come over with a group of high school students from Twin Oaks and was loving my first trip to Scotland. My first impression of Alex was that he was a good dresser (he had a stylish North Face jacket) and he had cool shoes that clicked when he walked across the hardwood floors. I didn't really get to know him that well on that Saturday. He left early to go preach in Inverness. It wasn't until the first day of camp that we actually got to talk. Our first several conversations involved Alex giving my vocabulary lessons and informing me about crisps (not potato chips), kitchen rolls (paper towels), bin bags (garbage bags), and pants (underwear). Over the course of the week we had many more conversations and got to know each other as we washed dishes after every meal. I didn't realize that dirty dishes and soap suds could be so romantic! So, in honor of our one year anniversary, I thought I'd post some pictures from camp last year.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP